JOIN US in support of Our Children’s Vision
Optometry Giving Sight invites all World Council of Optometry members to JOIN US in support of Our Children’s Vision, a global campaign helping to ensure that every child, everywhere has access to the eye care they need.
We are inviting all WCO National Association members to be the catalyst for the campaign in their own countries by supporting their individual members to raise funds using editable materials developed by Optometry Giving Sight.
Each local campaign will need to abide by our funding and communication guidelines and any additional terms and conditions that WCO and Optometry Giving Sight determine.
Optometry Giving Sight will provide examples of the global marketing and communications materials for use by the local Association. Any translations or modifications will be undertaken by the Association. Any changes to key messaging may be undertaken with the advance written agreement of the Campaign to reflect local conditions.
The Association will need to promote and implement the campaign among its members. It may agree to set achievable targets such as the number of practices who participate; or funds raised; and identify in advance any local projects that will benefit from the campaign.
- 10% of all funds raised will be available if needed to cover the costs of fundraising and administration at the local level
- 30% of funds raised would be available to the Association to fund agreed child eye health projects locally, or in partnership with Our Children’s Vision regional or international campaign partners, in agreement with Our Children’s Vision Director of Programming
- 10% of all funds raised will be available if needed to cover the costs of fundraising and administration at the global level
- 40% of funds raised would be remitted to Optometry Giving Sight for use by the Global Our Children’s Vision Campaign
- 10% would be remitted to WCO to support its advocacy efforts
The National Association will be responsible for ensuring that all fundraising and funds remittance complies with local regulations and that all relevant approvals are obtained.
Local Associations will be recognised as Project Partners on the official Our Children’s Vision website (ourchildrensvision.org) and have the opportunity, from time to time, to profile their association’s work for the campaign in blog posts, images etc.
If you are interested, or would like to learn more, please complete the registration form.