- The content of this website is protected by copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property laws and rights of Optometry Giving Sight and/or its third party licensors.
- While Optometry Giving Sight has attempted to make the information on this site as accurate as possible, the information on this Web site is for personal and/or educational use only and is provided in good faith without any express or implied warranty. Optometry Giving Sight does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage occasioned by use of the information contained on its site nor from any access to the server. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to this website’s operation or the information, content or materials included on this website. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose. We will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use or inability to use this website.
- If you have a complaint about our website, you may contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Privacy – An important message
- This policy sets out how we (Optometry Giving Sight) collect, use and disclose your personal information.
- We respect the privacy of individuals.
The aim of this policy is to inform you about:
- What personal information is being collected;
- Who is collecting personal information;
- How personal information is being used;
- Access to personal information collected on our web site;
- Security of personal information collected on our web site; and
What personal information is being collected?
We collect personal information for our business purposes, which generally includes personal information about you if you:
- make a donation to us;
- you send correspondence to us; or
- you give to us any of your personal information.
If you provide us with personal information, it will usually be:
- your name, address, business details, telephone and email address; and
- if you are making a donation using your credit card, your name, expiry date and only the last 4 digits of your credit card number.
We collect information in a variety of ways, including through personal contact, via our website, telephone, through correspondence and from public sources. Where we request personal information from you, we will generally explain the purpose of its collection and use and to whom it may be disclosed at the time that we collect it.
Whenever you visit our web site, our servers may automatically record information about your usage of the web site. This information is collected for statistical purposes and to enable us to improve the navigation functions of our web site. In order to respond to requests for information or to register users for particular services, only the following information will be collected when you use this site
- Your server address;
- Your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc);
- The date and time of your visit to the site;
- The pages you accessed and the document(s) downloaded;
- The previous site you visited; and
- The type of browser you are using.
How is personal information used and disclosed?
- In general, we use and disclose personal information for our business purposes. We will only collect personal information that we need to deliver and improve the services or information that we provide. This includes processing donations, providing receipts and sending you information about Optometry Giving Sight, its activities and further fundraising.
- Personal information will also be used for financial and accounting purposes, to fulfill legal requirements, quality assurance purposes and management purposes.
- In some instances Optometry Giving Sight may need to disclose personal information to:
a) our related companies; or
b) organizations which provide to us support or facilities; or
c) to our external service providers that we engage to assist us in the conduct of our business. These people will only be permitted to use that information for the purpose of assisting us.
- We also use and disclose personal information to protect our rights and property.
- We may also use and disclose personal information as authorized by you, implicitly or expressly, when you provide that information to us.
Access to personal information collected on this site
- We take reasonable steps to ensure the security of personal information by storing it in a secure environment. Personal information collected on this Web site will only be used for the purposes stated at the time of collection and for the purposes stated in this Policy. Your personal information will not be forwarded to any third party except in accordance this Privacy Statement.
- Optometry Giving Sight’s Web site does not utilize cookies.
Security of personal information collected on this site
- We take reasonable steps to protect personal information from loss and unauthorized access, modification, disclosure or use.
- This site does not provide facilities to guarantee the secure transmission of information across the Internet. Whilst reasonable efforts are used to provide security, users should be aware that there are inherent risks in the transmission of information across the Internet.
- Donor information is stored in a secure database provided by Raiser’s Edge. Raiser’s Edge has its own Privacy Statement which can be found at https://www.blackbaud.com/products/blackbaud-raisers-edge-nxt
- Credit card processing is provided by IATS, a Ticketmaster Company. IATS use the highest levels of security available on the Internet to protect your personal information. IATS has its own Privacy Statement which can be found at https://home.iatspayments.com/
- You can request access to your personal information (if any) that we keep on record. If you believe any information that we keep on record is incorrect or out of date you may request that it be corrected. There is no fee for requesting access to your information; however, we may charge you the reasonable cost of processing your request.
- We may from time to time send marketing and fundraising material that we consider will be useful. If you no longer wish to receive information from us, please email us using the email address below. Please note that we may be required to send certain information to you under a legal, regulatory or ethical requirement.
Updates to this policy
- We may amend this policy from time to time, and the policy will be published on our website.
The current version of this policy is accessible at www.givingsight.org.