Make Your 2022 Gift or Pledge Today!
About World Sight Day
World Sight Day is an annual day of awareness supported by eye health organizations around the world to draw global attention to vision impairment and to raise funds to combat them. More than one billion people worldwide cannot see simply because they do not have access to eye care.
World Sight Day 2022 is Thursday, October 13. To make an immediate impact, donate here.
The World Sight Day Challenge
The World Sight Day Challenge (WSDC) is Optometry Giving Sight’s (OGS) annual fall fundraising campaign. While World Sight Day is a single day, we celebrate it throughout September and October to highlight how it brings the global optometric community together and brings hope to people battling vision impairment.
This year’s World Sight Day theme is Love Your Eyes. We believe there is no better way to show love for others around the world than to help to ensure they can see—a brighter future for themselves and their families. The 2022 World Sight Day Challenge will help ensure that the persistent problem of preventable blindness gets the visibility it needs.
Challenge Timeline: September & October
World Sight Day: October 13th
How you can participate
Join us by participating in this year’s World Sight Day Challenge!
Whether you are a member of the optical community or someone who values good vision, there are several ways that you can make a difference:
When you register and pledge $100 or more, you are eligible to receive a free World Sight Day Challenge kit including:
- Counter Card
- Social Assets
- How-To Guide
Are you a Champion?
The success of the World Sight Day Challenge depends on people with the vision to lead—to spearhead efforts in raising funds that support our mission throughout the year and across the globe.
- Motivate colleagues, friends, family, and patients to participate.
- Act as the liaison between the OGS and your organization.
- Lead fundraising efforts through access to materials and ideas from OGS.
If you want to be a Champion for people around the world in need, the WSDC is your opportunity to make a difference.
Sign up to be your organization’s World Sight Day Challenge Champion by providing including your name and email address when you register using above REGISTER button or by clicking here.
Or if your practice/company/school has already registered and you’d like to be added as a Champion to receive our communications, please complete this form.
Once you are a World Sight Day Challenge Champion, you’ll be sent access to our Champions portal, where you can download a fundraising guide, social media & email assets, and more.
Other Ways to Help
Share on social
- Follow Optometry Giving Sight and help amplify our message by sharing our posts to your story
- Use the donation stickers on Facebook and Instagram Stories to encourage your followers to make a donation
- Add a fundraiser to your posts on Facebook or Instagram to help us raise funds
- Looking for more ways to share? Find out if your employer matches your gifts to increase your impact
- Sign up for our newsletter to stay in the know