WORLD SIGHT DAY CHALLENGE
Make Your 2021 Gift or Pledge Today!
About World Sight Day
World Sight Day is an annual day of awareness supported by eye health organizations around the world to draw global attention to blindness and vision impairment and to raise funds to combat them. Over a billion people cannot see simply because they do not have access to eye care. World Sight Day on October 14 is the focus on their needs and our ability to help.
The OGS World Sight Day Challenge
The World Sight Day Challenge is our annual fall fundraising campaign. While World Sight Day is a single Day, we celebrate it throughout September and October—how it brings the global optometric community together and how it brings hope to people battling vision impairment. Our goal and our Challenge has always been to ensure that no one is needlessly left without their sight.
This year’s World Sight Day theme is Love Your Eyes. We believe there is no better way to show love for others around the world than to help to ensure they can see—a brighter future for themselves and their families. The past year has raised new health concerns across the globe. In a world facing crisis, the World Sight Day Challenge 2021 will make sure that the persistent problem of preventable blindness gets the visibility it needs.
2021 Challenge Goal: $500,000
Challenge Timeline: September & October
World Sight Day: October 14th
How you can participate
Join us by participating in this year’s World Sight Day Challenge!
Whether you are a member of the optical community or someone who values good vision, there are several ways that you can make a difference:
When you register and pledge $250 or more, you are eligible to receive a free World Sight Day Challenge kit including:
- Counter Card
- Window Cling
- Social Assets
- World Sight Day Challenge How-To Guide
Other Ways to Help
Share on social
- Follow Optometry Giving Sight and help amplify our message by sharing our posts to your story
- Use the donation stickers on Facebook and Instagram Stories to encourage your followers to make a donation
- Add a fundraiser to your posts on Facebook or Instagram to help us raise funds
- Looking for more ways to share? Find out if your employer matches your gifts to increase your impact
- Sign up for our newsletter to stay in the know.